According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, methadone accounted for approximately 1% of all opioids prescribed for pain. As a synthetic opioid, methadone helps treat pain. Most people often wonder what is methadone treatment. This is the use of methadone to treat patients recovering from addiction. Methadone is relatively much safer than other opioids. This is one of the reasons it helps treat patients who suffer extreme withdrawal symptoms. You should only take methadone treatment under strict guidance from a doctor. This is because methadone abuse may lead to dependence or even addiction. Here are a few things you need to know about methadone treatment and our medication-assisted treatment programs at TruHealing Reidsville – Reidsville.
What is Methadone Treatment?
Methadone is usually prescribed to patients who’ve suffered an accident or are in tremendous pain. Patients who have undergone surgery or have an illness that puts them in a great deal of pain may also get a Methadone prescription. Doctors are the only individuals who should prescribe the drug.
Using Methadone to treat addiction occurs in a controlled setting. Medical supervision is extremely important when undergoing a Methadone treatment program. The analgesic drug works by changing how your whole body and mind react to pain to give you relief. It’s worth noting that Methadone is not as fast-acting as other painkillers such as Morphine. Although Methadone helps give patients relief, it does not cure the underlying cause of the pain.
If you have a Methadone prescription follow it to the letter. This is because it is also an opioid and abusing it may have some negative effects such as developing dependence.
Why is Methadone Used to Treat Opioid Addiction?
What is methadone treatment? It is the use of methadone to treat drug addiction. The most common types of addiction that methadone helps treat are opioid and alcohol addiction.
The advantages of using Methadone to help patients with addiction include:
- Helping reduce the number of people who die from opioid addiction and overdose
- Because it is not administered through injections, Methadone helps reduce the rate of HIV transmission
- Taking Methadone under medical supervisions is safe
- There are no withdrawal symptoms after taking Methadone
- Methadone helps alleviate any cravings that the patient may have
This analgesic drug allows addicts to rebuild their life free from the clutches of opioid dependence. Administering Methadone is also easier and safer – it comes in a pill or liquid.
Treatment Programs at TruHealing Reidsville – Reidsville
Here at TruHealing Reidsville – Reidsville, we are dedicated to assisting patients struggling with addictions to recover fully.
Here are some of the programs offered:
- Buprenorphine treatment program: This is an approved program for treating patients with an opioid use disorder. Only qualified medical practitioners prescribe and oversee the program
- Suboxone treatment program: Helps patients recovering from opioid addiction stay on the journey to recovery. Suboxone reduces the risk of overdosing from opioids by approximately 50 %
- Co-occurring disorders treatment: This program caters to patients who may have an addiction and a mental health condition. This helps us address any underlying conditions that may negatively affect the patient’s journey to recovery
- Methadone treatment program: Focuses on helping patients who are suffering from opioid addiction. It is commonly used for treating heroin addiction
Become Part of Our Methadone Treatment in Reidsville, NC
What is Methadone treatment? The drug has proved very effective in treating opioid addiction. It eases the withdrawal symptoms and gives patients a chance to get better in a more effective way. Don’t let anything or anyone prevent you from getting better. Become a part of our Methadone treatment in Reidsville, NC today. Contact TruHealing Reidsville – Reidsville at [Direct] and let us help you.